Anytime you’ve had new hardware added to your braces, and especially when you first get them on, the inside of your mouth will probably be sore where the brackets, hooks, springs, etc. start to rub. You’ll find that rinsing with salt-water is extremely soothing. Stir about 1 Tablespoon of regular salt into 8 ounces of warm water; let the salt dissolve. Swish a mouthful of the salt-water for ten seconds or so, just as you would with a mouthwash, then spit it out – don’t swallow it. Try this as often as you like, even five or more times a day for the first three days of braces. It’s a very simple solution to a classic silver-smile problem.
- MomFuse blog featured our Black Cherry Bats Fruity Cutouts
- Braces-friendly Roasted Chicken a la Ellie Krieger
- Tomatoes – the wonder food for braces-friendly recipes
- Shrinking tuna, among other things
- Katie Workman’s braces-friendly recipe wraps up Metal Mouth Media photo shoot
- Retainers = Best Way to Keep Your New Smile!
- Troubleshooting braces problems: great “help” list from Garrett Orthodontics, VA
- Learn the parts of your braces with this diagram
- Top Ten Tips to Keep Braces Clean
- Braces: metal or ceramic brackets?