If you’re used to bringing a brown-bag lunch, whether to school or work, coping with braces brings new challenges. Here are a dozen lunch suggestions that treat teeth tenderly and still pack into a budget-friendly paper bag.
For toss-in-the-bag and go:
– applesauce in tightly sealed container
– slices of canned peaches or pears
– thinly sliced apples, dipped in a little lemon juice to keep them from browning
– banana – you can slice it with the edge of a plastic spoon
– grapes cut in half for easy eating
– hummus to spread with a spoon onto small torn pieces of pocket bread
If you can add an ice-pack, expand your options to include:
– pudding in a cup
– egg salad in cup, with bread on the side
– well-cooked tortellini, any flavor combination
– pot-stickers (Chinese dumplings), cut in a few pieces
– tuna or chicken salad, with bread on the side
– taquito roll-ups, microwaved not baked, and cut into slices
Have a favorite on-the-road braces-friendly snack? Send us a post!