Since living with braces involves eating with braces, we’re always on the lookout for new food ideas. It was great fun meeting Lynne Rossetto Kasper, the host of The Splendid Table heard on NPR stations around the country . She was visiting the Phoenix area and gave a great talk about the importance of cooking as much as possible with unprocessed foods. We’re trying more and more to use fresh ingredients; still, it was great to hear her say that canned tomatoes make a great pantry staple, since they work wonders to tenderize foods for braces. Now, I can’t wait to try her suggestion to roast chickpeas with red onions and serve them on whole-wheat couscous.
- MomFuse blog featured our Black Cherry Bats Fruity Cutouts
- Braces-friendly Roasted Chicken a la Ellie Krieger
- Tomatoes – the wonder food for braces-friendly recipes
- Shrinking tuna, among other things
- Katie Workman’s braces-friendly recipe wraps up Metal Mouth Media photo shoot
- Retainers = Best Way to Keep Your New Smile!
- Troubleshooting braces problems: great “help” list from Garrett Orthodontics, VA
- Learn the parts of your braces with this diagram
- Top Ten Tips to Keep Braces Clean
- Braces: metal or ceramic brackets?