I’ve talked about the great orthodontic scholarships awarded by the Smile for a Lifetime Foundation to underserved teens who agree to give back to the community. Okay, this one really got to me. A boy in California was just told he’s been selected for this program. His response: “Well I just feel so lucky, because when I get my braces more people will want to be my friend,” said Kaelen Baumgardner. Oh my goodness, what a difference this treatment makes in the total life of a teen – it’s so much more of an issue than just straightening a few teeth! Read all about it at http://www.kget.com/news/local/story/Student-gets-a-Smile-for-a-Lifetime/Xt_RYead30CYxpSi1WOmUQ.cspx.
- MomFuse blog featured our Black Cherry Bats Fruity Cutouts
- Braces-friendly Roasted Chicken a la Ellie Krieger
- Tomatoes – the wonder food for braces-friendly recipes
- Shrinking tuna, among other things
- Katie Workman’s braces-friendly recipe wraps up Metal Mouth Media photo shoot
- Retainers = Best Way to Keep Your New Smile!
- Troubleshooting braces problems: great “help” list from Garrett Orthodontics, VA
- Learn the parts of your braces with this diagram
- Top Ten Tips to Keep Braces Clean
- Braces: metal or ceramic brackets?