Orthodontics is a continually changing field, whether the research comes from the medical community or the product development side. I just read in Orthodontic Products Online about a new “shape memory” polymer that holds promise as a material to use in creating self-adjusting braces. (Whether or not it’s a foam, I can’t tell.) This material appears to be still in the laboratory development stage, but be sure to ask your orthodontist about the latest techniques and if they are available yet for your situation.
- MomFuse blog featured our Black Cherry Bats Fruity Cutouts
- Braces-friendly Roasted Chicken a la Ellie Krieger
- Tomatoes – the wonder food for braces-friendly recipes
- Shrinking tuna, among other things
- Katie Workman’s braces-friendly recipe wraps up Metal Mouth Media photo shoot
- Retainers = Best Way to Keep Your New Smile!
- Troubleshooting braces problems: great “help” list from Garrett Orthodontics, VA
- Learn the parts of your braces with this diagram
- Top Ten Tips to Keep Braces Clean
- Braces: metal or ceramic brackets?