A new series of articles on orthodontics and dental health has appeared in the LA Times, written by Amanda Mascarelli. Check out “Braces are for grown-ups too” and “How to choose an orthodontist” – you might even want to pass these along to friends considering braces. Other pieces are on advances in general dental health.
Mascarelli also wrote a cool piece about the use of lasers in orthodontics and dentistry, saying “Dental lasers are either an indispensable tool in a dentist’s toolkit or an emerging-but-unproven technology. It depends on whom you ask.” I learned a lot about just how these tools can be used, and why; read all about it at Lasers.
- MomFuse blog featured our Black Cherry Bats Fruity Cutouts
- Braces-friendly Roasted Chicken a la Ellie Krieger
- Tomatoes – the wonder food for braces-friendly recipes
- Shrinking tuna, among other things
- Katie Workman’s braces-friendly recipe wraps up Metal Mouth Media photo shoot
- Retainers = Best Way to Keep Your New Smile!
- Troubleshooting braces problems: great “help” list from Garrett Orthodontics, VA
- Learn the parts of your braces with this diagram
- Top Ten Tips to Keep Braces Clean
- Braces: metal or ceramic brackets?