Ever wondered how Invisalign aligners are made? Watch this cool video that includes 3D mold printing. 3D Systems is the company that makes the equipment for 3D-printing of the customized molds, one for creating each tray in a patient’s treatment plan. At the 4-minute mark in the video, you’ll see a bit about the amazing process called stereolithography that builds the molds layer by layer, using liquid plastic zapped by a computer-controlled laser. They make 40,000 aligners a day!! It’s so Star Trek.
- MomFuse blog featured our Black Cherry Bats Fruity Cutouts
- Braces-friendly Roasted Chicken a la Ellie Krieger
- Tomatoes – the wonder food for braces-friendly recipes
- Shrinking tuna, among other things
- Katie Workman’s braces-friendly recipe wraps up Metal Mouth Media photo shoot
- Retainers = Best Way to Keep Your New Smile!
- Troubleshooting braces problems: great “help” list from Garrett Orthodontics, VA
- Learn the parts of your braces with this diagram
- Top Ten Tips to Keep Braces Clean
- Braces: metal or ceramic brackets?